It doesn’t normally take applying a hundred tips to make massive discounts while maintaining adequate coverage. Just understanding some compulsory things and using them will make a big difference. Here are several things that will bring you closer to the goal…
1. Shed excess weight and your rates will drop. There’s something called Body Mass Index (BMI) which is used to determine a prospect’s premium.
If your BMI rating is high, your premium will be high. Your weight is too much for your height and sex if your Body Mass Index is high. Put more effort into shedding excess weight because losing as little as a few pounds could give you another Body Mass Index rating which means cheaper premiums.
2. Joining a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) is another way you can reduce your rate. This alternative is slightly costlier than an HMO but also offers more options.
It’s up to you to compare the value you’ll get with what you will save to decide if it will serve you better than regular health insurance. If saving is your main aim than flexibility then use a PPO.
3. No-appointment ambulatory care centers or emergi-centers will also help you reduce your rates. Have a deep thought about saving on health insurance with this alternative if you are the type who hardly ever has to see a doctor because you are always healthy. They are cheaper than using an emergency room in a hospital.
4. Every year the government invests much in publishing guides and more. Getting such timely information will make you a better informed person as far as your health is concerned. And, with better information, you and yours will know what to do to stop some health conditions, live a healthier life and ultimately reduce your health care spend. Once these happen, you’ll attract lower rates. Take advantage of these government publications at http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov
5. A straightforward but effective way of lowering your rate is by authorizing an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). This authorizes an insurer to automatically withdraw your payments from your account when due. This eliminates administrative overheads like those involved in sending payment notices. Your insurance carrier passes part of what they save to you by offering you lower rates.
6. You could save several hundreds of dollars by simply getting and comparing quotes from about five insurance quotes sites. And, it will require only a total of 25 minutes.